Suprising

I was recently surprised when a CA I met told me he is not aware of the recent tax provisions as he was specializing only in Audit and Accounts of Companies. Is this the case with all CAs?
Replies (6)
Rajeev not with all but some.
Thanks for the reply Som. So what kind of percentage are we taking about here? And how would you account for this situation.
hi Rajeev,

as far as it is concerned to me the % will be less then 3% because as a part of professional standards every Professional has to go through each and every amendments regularly.  

Why dont you try with some other CA
The strange bit is what I find is that CAs who are not working with Tax are not uptodate with the Tax Provisions. They do have a general idea of the provisions but not full indepth knowledge. I guess this is because of time constraints. Some even say that they would not be able to pass our CA Exams now!!!
Dear Friends,

There is nothing for surprising. it is general nothing but specialisation. look other professions also, like MBBS who does general practice and MD who is specialised. in case of Advocates also there are specialisation. so there is nothing bothering about that auditing guy not having updation of taxation. He has expertise in his field it is enough for him.

About me, I am also a CA and was working in Audit, then in Accounting and Finance, and now in Taxation, so now if somebody ask me about new AS etc. I would have idea about it but not thorough, but you ask about tax updation it will be better. this does not means that I can't go in account or audit, whenever I start working in that area I can captur the field within short period. Because I have passed CA exam so I have capability of capturing that also.

So don't bother about it, if you are students just consentrate on study, after passing CA you will also be capable for choosing field of your choice. at that time such matters would not be significant. what is important, you should be master in the field which you choose. It may be general covering all segments, or specialised like accounting, auditing, taxation, IT, Finance etc.

Best of Luck.

Chauhan Anand Narayanbhai
Thank you [b]CA. Anand Chauhan[/b] for posting this detailed and informative reply, I found if to be very useful and encouraging.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details