Success Quotes

BALASUBRAMANYA B Npro badge (CCI STUDENT....) (44668 Points)

15 October 2009  

Peter F. Drucker:

There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all.

Abraham Lincoln

:

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing.

Albert Einstein

:

The ideals which have lighted me on my way and time after time given me new courage to face life cheerfully, have been Truth, Goodness, and Beauty. . . . The ordinary objects of human endeavour -- property, outward success, luxury -- have always seemed to me contemptible.

Albert Einstein

:

Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value.

Albert Schweitzer

:

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.

Alex Noble

:

If I have been of service, if I have glimpsed more of the nature and essence of ultimate good, if I am inspired to reach wider horizons of thought and action, if I am at peace with myself, it has been a successful day.

Anna Pavlova

:

To follow without halt, one aim; there is the secret of success. And success? What is it? I do not find it in the applause of the theater; it lies rather in the satisfaction of accomplishment.

Arie de Gues

:

Your ability to learn faster than your competition is your only sustainable competitive advantage.

Barack Obama

:

Focusing your life solely on making a buck shows a poverty of ambition. It asks too little of yourself. And it will leave you unfulfilled.

Barack Obama

:

Making your mark on the world is hard. If it were easy, everybody would do it. But it's not. It takes patience, it takes commitment, and it comes with plenty of failure along the way. The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won't. it's whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.

Barbara Jordan

:

All my growth and development led me to believe that if you really do the right thing, and if you play by the rules, and if you've got good enough, solid judgment and common sense, that you're going to be able to do whatever you want to do with your life.

Benjamin Disraeli

:

The secret of success is constancy to purpose.

Benjamin Franklin

:

There are no gains without pains.

Bernadette Devlin

:

Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win.

Bessie Stanley

:

He has achieved success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who has gained the respect of intelligent men and the love of little children; who has filled his niche and accomplished his task; who has left the world better than he found it, whether by an improved poppy, a perfect poem, or a rescued soul; who has never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who has always looked for the best in others and given them the best he had; whose life was an inspiration; whose memory a benediction. [published 11/30/1905 in the Lincoln (Kansas) Sentinel - an adaptation of this is often attributed to Ralph Waldo Emerson, though nothing like it has been found in his writings.]

Bessie Stanley (adapted; erroneously attributed to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

: Success

To laugh often and much;
To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;
To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others;
To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;
To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
This is to have succeeded.