Study strategy for Final

Maya Delves (Student) (481 Points)

18 August 2010  

Hi guys,

I have planned out a decent strategy for getting 60 in all subjects with proper and directed effort. I shall post whenever i am free from my studies.

I am posting regarding

INDIRECT TAXES

1. read the selected cases book 2009, and supllementary cases issued by ICAI which will amount to 5-10 cases. IN total 60 cases.
 Please know all the cases thoroughly with u reproducing the same words as there in the book for safety.

Marks 25-30 straight.

2. Thoroughly study Supplementary study material, the amendments in excise act, customs act, finance act for service tax and central excise tariff act. Don't try getting into the latest circulars and notifications, may not be of much use.

Marks 15 straight.

3. 6 types of valuation
 a) Excise b)SSI c) Cenvat d) Customs E) Service Tax f) VAT

Please be thorough in all these aspects before getting into learning others aspects of the subject.

Marks 30 straight.

So 1+2+3= 70-75 marks from the three mention above.

If you have written everything properly, 60 is assured.

Things which need to be studied over and above this are.

1. Taxable services (5 marks)

2. Remaining part of VAT (5 Marks)

Total covered till now is 80-85 marks

Beyond this, please give a reading of all the chapters in the book the way you read sidney sheldon or Harry potter not more than once before the exam.This would enable you to attempt 10 marks more helping you get 3-4 out of it. For you to tackle that, please take the smallest book available in the market to know what are the procedures being followed, that should be sufficient to attempt 95-100 marks and getting minimum 60 and maximum 72-75

Idhuvum Kadandhupogum

Maya

PS: My friend followed the same strategy last time and he told me to do it. I checked with all previous papers and then decided upon doing this. He scored 83 in may 2010, final and was all india 26 rank holder