Easy Office
LCI Learning

Statutory branch audit ( s b a 2014 )

Page no : 2

C.A. P. HAREESH KUMAR (PRACTICE) (375 Points)
Replied 12 March 2014

Ya  Mr. Sathianarayananji  

My Friend practicing as a sole propritor  in Thiruvalla (Kerala)  ( cataegory iv)  was the auditor for Vijaybank till 2012   . He was not offered any audit in 2013  

This year Bank of India has taken his conscent  - also he got offer from Corporation Bank 

In Hyderabad   one category iv  ( new  -just completed 3 years of  practice )  was offered by   SBI . taken conscent  

What has happend in Salem is really frustating  

We request up date from   our frinds  

sathianarayanan.t (chartered accountant) (267 Points)
Replied 12 March 2014

Mr Hareesh,

My best wishes to your friend who got the audit this year.  New cat IV firms are recruited here and there but if you see the over all picture, it is very bleak.  What the central council members told couple of years back have come true.  Here after, the individual CAs should not depend on bank audit.  It is a blow to the new CAs.  Going for partnership firm is advisable.  

atrinandan angle (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (114 Points)
Replied 13 March 2014

according to information all the the banks have forwarded list of auditors along with branches to rbi  and waiting for approval . earlier banks were required to send only list of auditors for approval.

SAURABH KASTURIWALE (PRACTISING C.A.) (160 Points)
Replied 13 March 2014

mr.atindran , till when is RBI expected to approve the list of auditors' alongwith branches alloted to them as per your post. 

atrinandan angle (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (114 Points)
Replied 13 March 2014

i had contacted head offie of one of the bank .i was informed that allotments will start from next week

CA. N M Poptani ( CA) (49 Points)
Replied 15 March 2014

What is the position of Central Bank of India. 

Replied 16 March 2014

Frieday , I contacted the Head office of a Bank 

They said that process  will start once they get approval from RBI 

It is unlikely that  before  Tues day 18th Mar  this would happen 

CA. N M Poptani ( CA) (49 Points)
Replied 16 March 2014

CA P Hareesh Kumar.Thanks for information

Krithigai Vasan N (CA) (22 Points)
Replied 17 March 2014

Hello All,

Please post if any one of has got the mail reg Statutory Bank Audit 2014. Also it will be great if you post us the Subject of the mail which will helpful for us to search easily.

Replied 17 March 2014

Dear  C.A  Vasan 

It appears that no final allottment is communicated by the Banks 

Today being Holi  we can expect it either tomorrow or latest by 20 th March 

best wishes 

Replied 17 March 2014

Last saturday i.e., on 15.3.14, my friend got allotted 3 branches of Union bank of India.

Replied 17 March 2014

Ya  Sathiyanarayananji  

Once the Banks get the list of allottment confirmed by RBI   they will not waste any moment 

RBI  may confirm  the allottment  for all  psu  banks together  and not one by one 

CANARA  BANK HAS ASKED ME TO WAIT  for the approval to come from RBI 

Best wishes f

Replied 17 March 2014

No Mr. Hareesh, I don't think the approval of RBI is given for all the nationalised banks together.  Last year SBI was the last bank to get the approval but all the other banks sent the allotment letters to the CAs already.

Replied 17 March 2014

ok Mr. Sathianarayananji -  It could also   because   that   SBI has the largest no of branches  and more the time they take to process  the allottments 

One of our collegue has reported earlier that  unlike in the past ,  list of Auditors and the allotted branches were also put up before RBI for approval 

However latest from Canara Bank  is that in a couple of days allottments would be made 

I have a C.A  friend who is a retired GM  from a psu bank . He  commented that in all cases appointments are made by the A.G.M  here in the case of Banks it is the G.M - that alone is the difference 

Best wishes 

Replied 17 March 2014

Tnx Mr. Hareesh.  Just one hour back, my friend a Cat I firm got e-mail from SBI, LHO, Chennai asking for their acceptance of audit.  This is the latest news here.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: