Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

spelling mistake in demand draft

Ramya (student) (46 Points)

20 August 2013  

i got demand draft but their is spelling mistakes in  the draft.in chartered e is missing and in accountants t is missing but when ask bank they said it will be accepted.will icai reject my application?

5 Replies

Azim Khan ACA,CS,CMA*,LLB* (Proprietor) (1312 Points)
Replied 20 August 2013

They are right..

1 Like

Sathish M (Management Accountant) (40571 Points)
Replied 21 August 2013

Normally when we buy a demand draft, we need to ensure the demand draft form is filled up correctly. When an error is committed by a bank official, we need to request them to rectify the mistakes. They are duty bound to make correction accordingly. As banks are CBS enabled, the system will populate the name of Institute of Chartered Accountants. If the demand draft is issued manually, then again mistake to be rectified. Since ICAI being a recognised body depositing the Demand Draft, its clearance will be allowed by the bank. Don't worry, your Exam application will not be rejected.
1 Like

Tony John (Chartered Accountant) (6085 Points)
Replied 21 August 2013

I don't think you will have an issue with the application form and the DD.

Normally the bank will allow its clearance.

k.yaswanth (ipcc) (23 Points)
Replied 23 February 2015

Sir ,i am revalidating my ipc registration .i have taken in fav of The institute of chatered accountants of india I missed The secretary. Will they consider the DD. I want to submit the form today. Plese tell me as early as possible.

sam (student) (23 Points)
Replied 24 January 2017

In am reviving my finals registration , in demand draft bank official manually did error as follows.

1) instead of The Secretary.. they written The Secretaries.

2) there is a spelling mistake.. i.e in place of Chartered they written Chertered.

so my question is will my demand draft be accepted.??

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register