First of all don't get disheartened. Look at the positive aspects:
- You are doing B.Com also and is already in final year so your time was not a total waste like many others wh may be doing IPCA alone and still despite their hard work have not been able to clear it in three attempts.
- Not being able to pass IPCC groups in three attempts is NOT that uique, it has happened for many of us. CA is a professional course and unlike BCom etc mere attempting a certain total marks does not gurantee passing as there is something called 'moderation' (nobody knows what it actually implies) and the marking is not as assured as in degree courses (many will vouch for the fact that they could not pass or got very less marks in a paper in which their attempt was best while passed in papers where they never thought they will pass! If in doubt see many posts in CAC on this truth.). So, don't think failing in three attempts means you are incapable or incompetent. It is just that your preparation was not as focussed and exam oriented as it should have been. The deficiency is still rectifiable.
- This time you took both the group and done OK , though you are afraid you may not pass in both. In last attempts you have already scored in the range of 131-135 with self-study. You are not totally flop in all subjects, certainly in some you must be scoring well too. So, only a few papers are there in which you need to focus more.
- You may not have any friends doing CA but you have all CAC members to help you. Don't say or think you have no friends doing CA, you have the whole CAClub members many of whom are doing IPCC, many have cleared it and some are even qualified CAs. Friends are available when they are free, CAC help and advise is available to you anytime and you access them when you are free! Can you get a better reserviour of friends and resource for preparation than that it?
- You heart says 'you can certainly complete IPCC' , at least you have the inner self-confidence that it is doable (otherwise you would not have attempted both groups this time again). You have the parent's support in your endeavour and they are there to encourage you.
So, now you need to resolve what you want to do in next two attempts. Keeping in mind:
- Take a vow to clear one group at a time so that by next May you have cleared both along with your B.Com. (even if by chance you are unable to clear any Group this time).
- Decide which group you wish to go for in Nov. 11 (depending on which one you are more confident). Start preparing for that Group as you have recently studied these papers.
- Take a fresh look at your strategy and mode of preparation. Analyse what and where you are lacking, your weak points (theory or practical/applications), why you could not attempt required questions etc. - then tell yourself what you need to do to rectify those shortcomings. If any one is determined nothing can prove to be barrier for success. So remedy your shortcomings and fill the gap in your current level of achievment and the target - it is not an insurmountable gap.
- See various IPCC threads where notes, best hints to prepare have been given. Read them and select only the ones you feel applies to you and meets your requirements. But one thing you must keep in mind prepare from the ICAI material, best books commonly suggested in various forums, RTPs and Suggested answers. Prepare better notes in papers where you have note done well.
- Do lot of reading and writing practice, specially covering exam oriented questions - as in CA what is more important is that you write answers which fetch marks not show your knowledge of a topic by writing everything you know on the topic. As soon as you have covered a chapter /section attempt the past and RTP questions in exam oriented manner by timing them. Then compare with suggested /model ansswers and note your deficiencies. Keep a note of your deficiencies to revise before exam.
- The attempts gone are gone - forget about them, only remember the lessons you have learnt in each paper from each attempt. These attempts are not wasted as you are wiser now and have the first hand knowledge of what more is needed to overcome the small deficiency in your preparation. Revise your strategy based on that experience.
- From your post it is apparent that your self study is working though not fully effective in getting desired results. So, prepare a better daily timetable & schedule till November and start following it sincerely and honestly without any excuse (once you start making even valid excuses sooner or later it will be a habit and the schedule will remain unfulfilled!). I am, personally, in favour of self preparation as long as one has a good analytic strategy and devotion still, if you feel there is some paper where you are not able to understand or grasp the fundamentals and lack the power to do practical questions based on your knowledge then go for tuition in that paper (but remember with BCom you need to plan your time mangement strategy very wisely).
Once you clear IPCC it hardly matters how many attempts you took (unless it is a first attempt CA) as you have B.Com (which will be an asset in your future career selection) to show for your achievment during the period. Age is in your favour so nothing to worry. Remember, your parents are supporting your efforts so you owe it to them and prove that you are worth their confidence by working little more intelligently and passing IPCC. So, get set and be on your mark today, don't wait for the result as you will lose precious days that way.
Best of luck.