ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

share transfer stamp duty

Pawan Singhal (chartered accountant) (652 Points)

25 May 2010  

when share holder transfered the share he has to affixed stamp at the left side of transfer deed. is  this procedure also applicable to mumbai base private limited co. if yes, where  to we can purchased stamped for this purpose.

can we purchased stamp from ahmedabad stock exchange for this purpose.

13 Replies

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)   (114659 Points)
Replied 25 May 2010

Yes you have to pay the stamp duty. Simply arrange share transfer stamps from any stamp vendor in Mumbai.

Value of share transfer stamps to be affixed on the transfer deed

Stamp duty for transfer of shares is 25 paise for every Rs. 100 or part thereof of the value of shares as per Notification No. SO 130(E), dated 28-01-2004 issued by the Ministry of Finance, Department of Revenue, New Delhi.

1 Like

Nitin Grover (CS) (1128 Points)
Replied 25 May 2010

Dear Friend

If its applicable in Maharashtra or not because in Delhi its 0.25% but in Haryana its NIL

so its applicable as per State

pls check

Regards

1 Like

Pawan Singhal (chartered accountant) (652 Points)
Replied 26 May 2010

Dear ankurji,

can you know any stamp vendor address in mumbai where i can purchased stamp for share transfer.  someone say only franking is allowed which is done at bse stock exchange office.

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)   (114659 Points)
Replied 26 May 2010

Extremely sorry pawan ji as I have no clue about Mumbai…Kindly search at your nearest court in Mumbai.

1 Like

Rasesh (CS CWA MBA (Fin) B.Com LL.B (Spl))   (6501 Points)
Replied 26 May 2010

Stamp duty on share transfers is not governed by state stamp acts . Please refer Mr. Ankur's reply given above. The notification given by the ministry is applicable throughout the country. The rates are similar irrespective of the place where the shares are transferred. The Notification is given by Ministry of Finance  and not by the local Delhi state authority. (The Notification is given by Ministry of Finance  when the department of corporate affairs was governed by that Ministry, now it is a seperate Ministry in itself, MCA)

Share Transfer Stamps can be purchased from any location and can be used in any location throughout the country.

1 Like

Hariharakrishnan (Officer) (46 Points)
Replied 11 August 2010

Hi friends,

Could anybody help me in the following:

Kindly let me know whether the share transfer deed is to be e-stamped in the state of Andhra Pradesh.

Also let me know what are all the documents to be e-stamped in the state?

Please help.

Thanks

Hariharakrishnan

Yogesh Bhatt (Company Secretary) (475 Points)
Replied 11 August 2010

U can find it at VT satation easily..near court..or inside court...

CS Ankur Srivastava (Company Secretary & Compliance Officer)   (17821 Points)
Replied 12 August 2010

You can purchase stare transfer stamps from any of the share broker... or from the Stock Exchange...

CS Ankur Srivastava (Company Secretary & Compliance Officer)   (17821 Points)
Replied 12 August 2010

Fully Agree with Mr. Ankur and Mr.Rasesh.

Stamp duty for transfer of shares is 25 paise for every Rs. 100 or part thereof of the value of shares as per Notification No. SO 130(E), dated 28-01-2004 issued by the Ministry of Finance, Department of Revenue, New Delhi.

Replied 13 August 2010

Hi friends, Could anybody from andhra pradesh help me in the following: Kindly let me know whether the share transfer deed is to be e-stamped in the state of Andhra Pradesh. Also let me know what are all the documents to be e-stamped in the state? Please help. Thanks Hariharakrishnan

Replied 13 August 2010

Hi friends,

Could anybody ftom Andhra Pradesh help me in the following:

Kindly let me know whether the share transfer deed is to be e-stamped in the state of Andhra Pradesh.

Also let me know what are all the documents to be e-stamped in the state?

Please help.

Thanks

Hariharakrishnan

DHARMENDRA SHARMA (Company Secretary Cum Compliance officer)   (21 Points)
Replied 16 November 2013

Totally agred with Mr. Ankur

shweta (Company Secretary and Legal)   (22 Points)
Replied 18 November 2016

Hi friends,

I wanna pay stamp duty on value of Rs. 6 crores. Is there any other option to pay it other than adhesive stamps..

Kindly suggest..

Regards,

CS Shweta Patil

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register