SHARE TRADING ACTIVITY AND AUDIT.

I have business income turnover Rs.6,50000/- Yearly. And share trading activities like day trading, delivery based short-term trading and future and options share trading activities.
Now my question is this can I have audit
books of accounts. And what is my main business share trading or first
one(jobwork income).
Second think can I claim expenses like brokerage,STT and other charges which was charged by broker in my PnL account.
Or I can filled this income(stock market) as my capital gain income.
I have speculation gain of Rs.19500 with turnover of Rs.10,00,000/-. I have short term gain of 60,230/- with turnover of Rs.80,00,000/-(eight lakhs). I have F&O gain of Rs.5565/- with turnover 15,00,000/-(fifteen lakhs).
Please guide me.
Thank you and ask for a fine reply.
Replies (3)
Quick Summary
This discussion explores whether individuals with both business income and various share trading activities (day trading, F&O, short-term delivery) need to audit their accounts. It clarifies that while audit may not be mandatory, different trading activities are taxed differently: speculative gains are business income, F&O is normal business income, and short-term capital gains are taxed at 15%. Crucially, expenses like brokerage and STT can be claimed against trading income.

Yes you can aduit your account if you want
first one is your business income then share trading infact if I say both is your income
speculation is comes under business income a long with your business income
yes you claim expenses also

Audit is not required. Income from intra day trading is speculative business income and taxable as per slab rate applicable to you. Income from F&O taxable as normal business income, short term capital gain taxable @ 15%. Brokerage and other charges can be claimed as expenditure.

Umesh sir is apsoutly right Audit is not required in the above case because short term capital gain stt paid is always tax as normal slab rate so there is no question arises for audit

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article assistant

S.K.Bajpai & Co.

Noida

B.Com

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details