Easy Office
LCI Learning

Share of Profit

Page no : 2

CA Dhiraj Ramchandani (CA, M. com) (10823 Points)
Replied 12 January 2010

Megha dear... i know u r not INCORRECT,..., but y do u think that i'm not correct???

Let me explain u my point and what others too are trying to say...

Now, according to u, Rs. 10000 will be credited to the account of partner (i.e pre tax profit), agreed... But dear, that partner is not getting the benefit of Rs. 10000, rather he's getting the actaul benefit of Rs. 7000 (coz firm is paying tax on its income of Rs. 100000).....

That means, parnter too (indirectly via partnership) is paying tax on such income and thus the net income in his hands is Rs. 7000 only....

RADHIKA JALAN (agarwal) (1521 Points)
Replied 12 January 2010

i think amir and dhiraj both r right in their respective point of view..........................

Replied 12 January 2010

For the purpose of ITR, or any other documents we do credit amount of Rs. 10000, but considering the final balance or the capital account of that partner..., the net impact of such income is only Rs. 7000....

So, the actual benefit to partner is Rs. 7000... Why such long discussion going on this topic??

U and amir, both are not ready to accept even what we are saying

Amir (Learner) (4016 Points)
Replied 12 January 2010

Dear Dhiraj,

My friend it's not that I m not ready to accept ur view, It;s just that question was asked  regarding the amount to be shown in the ITR of a Partner as exempt...

Anyway if still u feel that i was rude then sorry brother, I didn't mean it..

Replied 12 January 2010

Originally posted by : Amir
Dear Dhiraj,
My friend it's not that I m not ready to accept ur view, It;s just that question was asked  regarding the amount to be shown in the ITR of a Partner as exempt...
Anyway if still u feel that i was rude then sorry brother, I didn't mean it..

Hey, no need of sorry.... I didnt feel anything wrong, it was just that u wud have explained the same thing earlier....

Yaar dosto me kaisa regret....

1 Like

Vivek (Finally passed CA Final...!!!!!)   (1097 Points)
Replied 12 January 2010

Hi Dhiraj.... Amir is right... Section 10(2A) clearly spells it....

Replied 12 January 2010

Arey yaar...

Who said that amir is incorrect???

Its just that we gave different opinions... None of us are incorrect...

Amir (Learner) (4016 Points)
Replied 12 January 2010

Dear Dhiraj,

Thanks Bro..

CA Sharmistha Dan (Practice-Partner) (109 Points)
Replied 12 January 2010

By distributable profit we mean After Tax profit only...so exempted amount should be Rs.7000

CA AYUSH AGRAWAL (Kolkata-Pune-Mumbai) (26986 Points)
Replied 12 January 2010

Well.................After Tax shud Be Give Preference..

Both Concepts are Rite as given dhirav & Mr Active Member i.e amir....

Replied 12 January 2010

Its DHIRAJ yaar.... maine apne naam ki kam band bajai hai, jo tum log bhi baja rahe ho???

Nywz, thanx for ur political answer

Divya K S (CA) (289 Points)
Replied 12 January 2010

Hi frnds,

According to me we have to transfer the profit of the firm after tax to the partner's capital account. 

CA. Megha Topiwala (Job) (1534 Points)
Replied 12 January 2010

@ Dhiraj

i agree dhiraj, u r rite... i didn't say u r not correct....

if u wnt 2 get entry in capital a/c thn its 7000 as explain by u is absolutely correct....

Bt ITR mein v will hv 2 show Rs. 10,000 only...  i hv discussed this point with my CA also...

he too told its distribution of TAXABLE INCOME and not PROFIT AFTER TAX.... further u cannot claim amt of tax paid by p.fimr as expense....

shushantsinghal (BCOM(HONS),C.A) (283 Points)
Replied 14 January 2010

Originally posted by : Venkat M
After tax profit to be considered . In this case Rs.7000

hii

i have seen  practically .....Rs 10000/- shall be added in partner return u/h PGBP....

anil (na) (31 Points)
Replied 12 February 2011

Dear Member frnds.

Pls help in  the query as follows:

GTI of Partnership Firm(PFAS)       Rs 1 Cr

Less: Chapter VI A deduction          Rs 40 Lacs

TI of PFAS                                           Rs  60 Lacs                            

Suppose As per P/L a/c profit distributable to the partnership firm is Rs. 1 Cr

Now if there are two partner ( equal ratio) we will take Rs. 50 Lacs in the captial account of a partner

As per Section 10(2A) and its explanation the amount of Exemption will be share of TOTAL INCOME of the firm

therefore we will take 50% of Rs. 60 Lacs as shown above . that is exemption amount will be 30 lacs

That means the amount of Rs. 20 lacs (Rs, 50 lacs - Rs. 30 Lacs) will be  taxable 

Though we know that it is not the case but I want ur expertise reply strictly adhering to the Act and its rule ..

Waiting for genuine answer..

Anil

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: