service tax for computer artists

Hi everyone

I wanted to ask you experts one thing about the service tax. I am a freelancer and a computer artist by profession. I make Architectural 3d animations and stills . I have a degree of bachelors in architecture but i am not practising architecture . I know that architects come under the service tax belt but ia m not doing architecture . i have ventured out into another field. My clients are basically architects and real estate developers who give me the drawings and i generate 3d models for them . Kindly tell me if i come under the service tax belt and do i need to start charginf service tax rom them if my annual gross increases 8 lacs

 

Thanks

Replies (4)
looks like no one visits this frequently
Hi, As per my understanding, your services will be covered under consulting engineering sevices which software engineer. Your services are similar to that services. you should start charging service tax to clients and let them object with logic. Thanks Rohit
thanks rohit what if i didn't know in advance that my i am liable to pay service tax because i didn't know that my gross will cross 4 lakhs. whats the solution for this instead of paying it from my pocket . Thanks
Hi,I want to register my firm as an Entrepreneur Firm. How to go about registration in Chennai? What are the requirements for registration? thanks.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details