section 56 (2) vii b

Dear experts I have purchased a property which was first bought by another person in 2011 for 30 lacs but have not registered from builder just transfer. then I bought from him and he transferred it to me last month for 40 lacs paid by cheque and I got it registered by builder in my name. in the registery builder have mentioned 30 lacs as amount which he received from first owner and date of agreement as 2011 between us. my query is
1. in this case section 56 is applicable or not.
2. if applicable what will be cost of acquisition for me 30 or 40 lacs.
regards
Replies (8)

1. Yes

2. COA or stamp duty valuation, whichever higher.

sir COA for me and first owner is different but in registration builder mentioned first owner COA because this is what the builder have received. in case I will mention mine COA is it correct?

What is stamp duty value?

Sir stamp duty value is 5450000. what will be my tax liability sir. 5450000 - 4000000 or 5450000-3000000. I paid 4000000 lacs by cheque to owner.

As per the referred section, you will be liable to pay tax over 54.5  minus 40L u/h IFOS.

thank you sir even if they have mentioned 30 lacs in registration, I will pay tax as per what I have paid

Yes, provided you have paid the amount via banking channel, having proper receipts.

thank you sir for your time

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details