Sample Reply To Notice u/s 143

Jasmeet Singh (Audit Senior) (911 Points)

10 August 2010  

For those who have received demand notice from Income-tax department in connection with Income-tax return for the A.Y. 2009-10 [F.Y. 2008-09].

Applicable to those Assessees who have filed their Income-tax Return Online in Form No. ITR-2.

SAMPLE REPLY

(IN REPLY TO THE INTIMATION U/S 143(1) RECEIVED FROM CENTRALISED PROCESSING CENTER) 

Date: _____________________ 

To: 
Income-tax Officer (CPC) 
Post Bag 1 Electronic City Post Office
Bangalore - 560100 

Sir, Re: Your notice of demand for the A.Y. 2009-10 Communication Reference number: CPC/0910/_________________________ PAN: __________________- request regarding. 

Sub: Request to check the details at your end due to difference in Total Income / Deduction and Tax thereon considered by you and reported by me. 

I am in receipt of Demand Notice for Rs. ____________ for the A.Y. 2009-10. In this connection I would like to mention that there appears to be some error in Income considered by you and as reported by me in my Income-tax Return. 

The Total income for the said year is Rs. ____________ (which is clearly reflected in my Income-tax Acknowledgement ITR-V) and the total Income considered by you is Rs. _____________. 

There seem to be an apparent error in the in the demand raised by your good self. May I therefore request you to kindly rectify the mistake and till then I further request your good self to keep the said demand in abeyance. The income reported by me can be easily verified from ITRV attached herewith.

I once again confirm that I have reported all the Income chargeable to tax during the said year and no Income has remained to be offered for taxation. 

I hope that you will take an early and necessary step to rectify the same. 

In the ending, I request you to kindly let me know, if I can provide you with any other details for verification and necessary rectification. 

Thanking you, 

Yours faithfully, 

(NAME)

Enclosed: Copy of Form 16 – for F.Y. 2008-09 
Copy of ITRV for F.Y. 2008-09
Copy of Bank Statement for F.Y. 2008-09 (period 1st April 2008 – 31st March 2009)