Sac code for small railway e-ticketing agency

I run a small business in Robertsganj, UP(East) and voluntarily wish to register for GST. I'm basically dealing in two types of work-

1). Railway e-ticketing from IRCTC website - I charge Rs. 40/- per ticket as my agent commission/charge.

2). Online funds transfer and school fee payments etc. - For those who earn here and send some money home. My charges Rs. 40 - Rs. 100, as applicable.

I wish to know what SAC code applies for my category of business. for GST registration. I've annual business of about 15 lakhs.

Replies (6)
998551 Reservation services for transportation

 

998399 Other professional, technical and business services n.e.c.

 

 

Sir, Thx for your reply.

However, if you could explain the calculation then it would be of great help.

GST rate for both SAC codes is 18%.  Kindly tell how it's to be calculated - Whether GST is to be calculated on complete amount received from customer, OR only on my service charges component of the amount.  Eg. - If a customer books a ticket at my shop for Fare= Rs 500 and pays me total Rs. 540 , as Rs. 40 is my agent charge.  So, GST at rate 18% will be calculated on total amount of Rs. 540 ,  OR  only on the commission amount of Rs. 40.

Only on your commission part............i.e. Rs. 40/-

Rs. 500 is just collection on behalf of principal, which has collected GST over the ticket charge itself.

GST registration certificate ( Form- REG-06 ) is issued with applied SAC code - 998551.  However, now I wish to add another SAC code - 998399.

What's the process to add other SAC code to existing GST registration (GSTIN) ?

No need for any change, if all these services are carried under same firm (name).

I run my business under GST registered firm and doing different types of business with multiple SAC codes.

If I want to view which SAC codes I registered for, what's the way ?  I tried to view my profile for my SAC codes, but couldn't find.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
29 September 2026
Work at home

Lottery.sambad.tv

Bhopal

Others

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details