Revised return

Dear Members,

 

I have filed income online tax return for the A.Y.2011-2012 on 05/08/2012 under section 139(4).

 

Later on I noticed that, I have not filled the self asseement tax paid details, therfore, the acknowledgement showing balance tax  payable. Therefore, I, then rectified the omission and filed REVISED return under section 139(5) online.

Since the belated return cannot be revised under section 139(5), how should I rectify this mistake.

 

Kindly suggest.

 

Thanking you.

 

Rajan.

rajan.phalke @ gmail.com

 

 

Replies (4)

now dont send ITRV to CPC, and file your correct return manually to ITO

is it assessment year 11-12 or financial year 11-12 As far as i know, IT department has extended the due date for filing returns to 31st august 2012, so if it is financial year 11-12 then you can revise return.

If it is assessment year 11-12, then i think you may wait for assessment under 143 to complete, and wait for notice from IT dept, and produce the challan to AO for rectification.

This is one way i can think of, waiting for better a better answer, I am 100% sure, my answer can be bettered

Originally posted by : U S Sharma

now dont send ITRV to CPC, and file your correct return manually to ITO

Agree..

Thank you U.S. Sharmaji and Victorji.

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details