Required to file return?

I have retired and do not have an income. All these years, I had a small job where my employers were deducting TDS for which I used to file returns and get the TDS refund.

Now that I do not have any income should I file my returns in future? I have a few bank FDs for which I have given Form 15H, since I fall below the taxable income level.

Please clarify whether I have to file returns. 

Replies (4)

It your gross total income exceed basic exemption limit (3 lakhs) you have to file return. If below that, you may file it voluntarily.

Thanks
only if ur Gross Income exceeds basic exemption limit 😊
👍 Thanks for the clarification

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details