Easy Office
LCI Learning

Rent under reverse charges under gst

Page no : 2

Durga Prasad (Working) (28 Points)
Replied 04 August 2017

Our company is paying the Rent to Individual , who is not increased the Tresh Hold Limit. Whether company need to Pay the RCM?

Replied 04 August 2017

If Land lord execeeds the Tresh hold limit of 20 laks by way of collecting services (Rent, Prof service, ect). He did not regitered the GST . In this case who is Paying the commercial Property Rent to Him need to the pay the GST? who needs to Pay GST? whether we need to pay as RCM? what % needs to Pay?

Replied 04 August 2017

In the case of Software Imports, Indian Company is importing the Software from US company ( who does not have the GSTN). what is procedure for Import? who has to pay the GST and BCD?

Rajarajan (AO) (272 Points)
Replied 04 August 2017

what if I rent an office space in other State where I am not registered and the owner an unregistered dealer (URD).

How to do RCM, since it is interstate

Arpit Aggarwal (Accountant) (82 Points)
Replied 11 August 2017

Sir, what does it mean self invoice.

1. ABC & Co. will raise invoice in name of ABC & Co. against Office Rent.

2. How can i issue tax invoice to land loard because of it's not part of sale or income.

Sangamesh Savadi (7 Points)
Replied 19 August 2017

IS THERE ANY BASIC EXEMPTION LIMIT  ON RENT UNDER REVERSE CHARGE MECHANISM

Replied 19 August 2017

what if I rent an office space in other State where I am not registered and the owner an unregistered dealer (URD). How to do RCM, since it is interstate.

Hope RCM is not applicable to interstate?

Replied 19 August 2017

IS THERE ANY BASIC EXEMPTION LIMIT FOR RENT UNDER REVERSE CHARGE MECHANISM........PLZZZZ REPLY

Replied 19 August 2017

what if I rent an office space in other State where I am not registered and the owner an unregistered dealer (URD). How to do RCM, since it is interstate. Hope RCM is not applicable to interstate?

Read more at: /forum/details.asp?mod_id=402121&offset=3

Replied 19 August 2017

IN WHICH MONTH HE CAN AVAIL ITC.....IN THAT MONTH OR SUSEQUENT  MONTH..... 

Vishal (-) (25 Points)
Replied 20 August 2017

Sir,

1. I have a family owned property for which I make a rent provision of Rs. 12000/- every month. Does this attract GST on RCM even though I don't make any payment in real?
  2. If we start making Weekly provisions can I save on RCM, like 3000/- per week provision.
  3. There is no actual payment nor there is any bill received from landlord.

Please guide me on this.

Dhirajlal Rambhia (SEO Sai Gr. Hosp.) (160342 Points)
Replied 20 August 2017

@ Arpit Agarwal: Self invoice is for GST paid under RCM. Where receiver is paying GST over the invoice raised on own self on behalf of UR supplier. The bill is to be filled in GSTR 2, for claiming ITC.

Replied 20 August 2017

@ Sangamesh: No exemption limit specifically for rental income, but the basic exemption limit for intrastate supply of 20 lakhs to supplier.

For Receiver under RCM....... if rent amount is below Rs. 5000/-

ITC for GST paid under RCM can be availed next month.

Replied 20 August 2017

@ Rajarajan: Are you registered under GST in any state? or liable to?  If yes, you are also required to register in the state where your commercial property lies....... and charge CGST+SGST over the rental income.

Replied 20 August 2017

@ Vishal:  Is it commercial property?

If you are using it for furtherance of business..... and if you are RD..... the RCM provision will apply.

For Residential rental no GST will apply.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: