Rent advance received

advance rent received is liability or indirect income, pls explain
Replies (9)
Quick Summary
This discussion clarifies the accounting treatment of advance rent received. It is generally considered a liability until the rental period for which it was received has passed. Once earned, it can be recognised as indirect income in the profit and loss statement.

Advance rent received is Liability .
@ gaddala ramesh,

The query and query heading is different meaning...
So,
Are You asking about "RENTAL ADVANCE or ADVANCE RENT"...???
We are considering query not heading . heading short and unexpleneable. One Can not reply only on heading.
@ Mr Prasad Nilugal,

Is there any problem for You asking details from Querist...???

Why You angry or interference or Confused...???

I like Your replies to the queries.
But, I don't like this activity and Also writen as I'm bcom not CA... please avoid...

Please reply query and also watch what is going in query and How is clearing the query with details...

πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
No , Sir please do not misunderstand , I am not at all angry . I want qeriest write query in detail for better & correct reply and should not be heading different and query different , one's again please do not misunderstand. I had written what is the fact about my qualifications. God bless you πŸ™.
Originally posted by : prasad Nilugal
No , Sir please do not misunderstand , I am not at all angry . I want qeriest write query in detail for better & correct reply and should not be heading different and query different , one's again please do not misunderstand. I had written what is the fact about my qualifications. God bless you πŸ™.

 

Thank You for Your Wishes...

When the rent recd is shown in income statement, it will be regarded as indirect income of the year
@ Karandikar
In query it is clearly mentioned " Advance rent received" .
Yes I know that, basis that I have given my answer when to record it as income in p&l

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 08 October 2026
ARTICLE TRAINEE

S.B.G. & CO. CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article assistant

S.K.Bajpai & Co.

Noida

B.Com

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Account Executive

Elite Taxation

New Delhi

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details