Registration in Traces

I filed Q2 return in https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal/. Now when I try to register at Traces as deductor, I'm getting the error message 

"Already registered on e-filing site.
Invalid Details could be because of
i. TAN Not Available in TAN MASTER OR
ii. All the statements filed for Financial Year 2009-10 and onwards are in cancelled state OR
iii. All the statements filed for Financial Year 2009-10 and onwards are NIL Statements (having ALL challans with amount=0)"

ii & iii seems to be not applicable as I filed the return and got Acknowledgement with RR.
 Number.

Pls help

Replies (5)
Quick Summary
A user is encountering an 'Already registered on e-filing site' error when trying to register as a deductor on TRACES, despite having recently filed a Q2 return. The error suggests issues with TAN availability, cancelled statements, or NIL statements, none of which seem applicable. After seeking advice, it's suggested the TAN might already be registered by someone else. The user later confirms the issue resolved itself after approximately 7 days, implying a waiting period is necessary after filing the initial return.

I only filed Q2 return.

When I try to use the option  "Forgot User Id"  I'm getting the message

 " You are not a registered user of TRACES" .

How long have you been registered? Is this your first tds return

Yes. This is my first TDS return

26Q was filed on Oct 2nd.

 

It's now working. I think we need to wait for 7 days after filing return in Income tax portal.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details