regarding short term capital gain

I have openings wdv of 148000 OF CAR exchanged in month Oct for 160000 , in book of account I have entered short term capital gain RS 12000 , because block exist no capital gain will arise as per section 50 of INCOME-TAX ACT , how i can reduced such income from computation so it will not taxable under income tax act .
Replies (4)

Reduce the block of assets by 1.60 L ... 

BUT WHAT WILL BE TRAT

one assets sold out of 15% bloick at rs 160000 having wdv 148000 I HAVE BOOKED PROFIT ON SALE OF ASSETS IN BOOKS OF ACCOUNT BECAUSE BLOCK EXISTING SO NO SHORT TERM CAPITAL ARISE, WHILE I ENTERED P&L IN SOFTWARE FOR COMPUTATION OF INCOME  SUCH PROFIT INCLUDE SO I HAVE TO REDUCED FROM PROFIT .

MY QUERIES IS IF I REDUCED PROFIT ON SALE OF CAR UNDER WHICH HEAD I WOULD SHOW SO THERE WILL NO ANY TAX IMPLICATION  

When the value of the block reduces to zero, any excess amount received over the sell of asset/s will be STCG only. You cannot adjust the gain under any other income but only against any STCL. if arises in previous year.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details