Regarding pf withdrawal settalement

Dear All,

I am applying for EPF withdrawal through online process, while applying for that I am getting message like: "As your service is less than five years and your verified PAN details are not available under Unified Portal, Income Tax at the highest slab of 34.6% is liable to be deducted if your settlement amount crosses Rs.50,000/-. You are advised to update your PAN details before filing for Online claim and also check your balance before proceeding to submit PF settlement Claim."

My service is over & i have already withdrawn my Pension amount which is aprox 20,000.

My PF balance is almost Rs. 40000/-. I am confused on much tax will be liaved and what will be the approximate amount I will be getting.

I want to know how to calculate PF settlement amount? is it 40000(pf)+20000(pension) = 60000 or only 40000(pf).

Kindly help.

Replies (4)

PF is only 40k however it will be taxable in your hand as per slab.

PF and interest both are exceed of Rs. 50000 and your service is less than 5 year than you are liable for TDS. Submit PAN no along with claim form

Hello RatAnu & Ruchika Somani, 

Thanks for quick reply, As I have mentioned my pf balance is 40000 , so if I withdraw this amount tds will be deducted by EPFO or I have to pay at the of tax return filing? say I am in 10% slab. so in my bank account 40000 - 4000 = 36000 will be credited or 40000 credited ? 

Thanks in advance guys.

Do complete your KYC at the site. [Update PAN and Aadhar and also bank a/c no in which u want to receive refund]

As ur PF < 50K, no TDS shall be deducted. 

If TDS is dedcuted, the reduced amt will be reflected in the bank account automatically.

Nevertheless the received amount will be taxable in your hand as year of service is less than 5 years.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details