Feedback

regarding arrears calculation

dear sir my client was retired in 2009 and now he is working in another co and his age is 66.now he have received an arrears for the year 2001-2009 in three instalments ,the first instalment he have received and the remaining will be receive in succeeding years .also he had no it tax details of previous years only he is having arrears details sheet how can I claim rebate u/s 89

KVO Merau Kutchh

Without earlier year figures, the difference of tax liability for any particular year cannot be calculated; as such only option left is to offer it to be taxed in the year of receipt.

INCOME TAX PRACTITIONER

DEAR SIR,

REGARDING 89(1) RELIEF, WE DIVIDED ALREADY THE GROSS PAY ,IN 80 C  HE RECEIVED GPF FOR THE PREVIOUS YEARS ALSO DURING THIS YEAR. MY QUESTION IS PREVIOUS YEAR GPF CAN WE PASS TO THAT YEAR OR WE RECEIVED ONLY THIS YEAR , SO WE HAVE TO DEDUCT ONLY IN CURRENT YEAR?

ADVISE ME.

MURALIDOSS

KVO Merau Kutchh

Refer::   regulations/GPF-2

INCOME TAX PRACTITIONER

THANKS JI,

BY THE WAY , I AM CALCULATING ARREARS CALCULATION FOR PAST 5 YEARS, FOR THE PAST FIVE YEARS 3 YEARS STILL HAVE 80C DEDUCTIONS EXCESS, BUT FOR 2 YEARS THERE IS NO BALANCE DUE IN REBATE. WHEN I CHECK THIS HE RECEIVED ARREARS WITH THE DEDUCTION OF PF ALSO FOR THE PAST 5 YEARS, NOW I AM ASKING THIS, ARREAR PF DEDUCTIONS CAN CLAIM ALSO THAT SAME YEARS AGAIN? OR NOT?

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

CCI MENU