Easy Office
LCI Learning

Redressal for Abused Article Assistants

Page no : 2

koolleo87 (1268 Points)
Replied 01 April 2009

Karthik, I was talking about some members of this community who told me about their own experience....... Just have a look at my forum contributions..... I think you might find a couple from there........

(Guest)

My personal experience is that principals get scared if you say you will go to council provided they have violated ICAI regulations. Anyway I will definitely look at the forum messages that u have posted..

Akshay (Article) (28 Points)
Replied 01 April 2009

its very harsh for Ca articles.....

CA Gandharv Sharma (Financial and Taxation consultant)   (514 Points)
Replied 01 April 2009

humm... interesting article karthikayan..... needs to be thinked.... thanks by the way!!

tanuja........... (pcc student) (571 Points)
Replied 02 April 2009

hi, thanks 4 ur valuable replies... IPCC  students can spend more time on studies than PCC students .... who r going to this new scheme, they r really lucky... its very usefull to them....

Vinu (Articled Assistant) (63 Points)
Replied 02 April 2009

you do have some valid points... however i was hoping on transfering to a bigger firm in the same city for better exposure.. anyways how r we supposed to transfer if u cant join a firm in the same city n if u want to join a firm outside ur city ur parents have to be transferred there rt?? so isnt that a checkmate for us?? dont see a way out here....

(Guest)

Hi vinu.. If you want to go to a bigger firm then you can go only if you didnt have enough exposure in existing firm. The question of Enough exposure is first of all very vague. As per the council guidelines, it is recommended and not mandatory for principals to give variety of work. But these are very difficult to convince the council to warrant a transfer. So I think you have a weak case here. You can claim remedy only when the principal has violated any council regulations. Here your principal didnt violate any regulations. So there is no case for you.. I suggest you continue in your existing office. But you can go industrial training in the last year of articles provided a 3 months notice is given. Nothing can prevent a member from opting industrial training.

Replied 03 April 2009

well i surmised as much. Its real sad just when i was thinking of transfering... But i hope u do agree with me that it is quite unjust.. this ban on transfers i mean. Whatever i'll keep fighting i'll keep sending emails, start petitions etc... I'll do whatever i can to make ICAI see our point of view..

tanuja........... (pcc student) (571 Points)
Replied 03 April 2009

keep on doing that... vinu...

(Guest)

Hey vinu. Take help of students association. I am not sure about in other parts. But in south we have SICASA - South Indian chartered accountants students association. They might help you in representing the students before the council.

Replied 03 April 2009

Hey guys thanks for the support. I was going to approach the SICASA however the problem is everyone is busy at the moment with bank audits. So I cant meet with the main people of SICASA right now. However I plan to arrange something with them as soon as possible. Untill then I can only pester the president with emails..

(Guest)

Are you from chennai?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: