Rediffmail-Be careful

Dear Co-CA Clubindians,  here is one caution which all have to bear in mind those who are using rediffmail.  This is with my practical experience narrated as follows.  I could not access today morning my mail account and also with another rediffmail IDs which I use frequently.  The message displayed was login failed and password is incorrect.  I tried to retrieve password for all IDs but even the hint answer was also shown as wrong for all IDs.  Resulting my account was blocked.  After about 5 hours, I tried once again and surprisingly, I could log-in with same ID (all IDs) and password.  All the information is intact in my account.  I could not understand why it has happened and who had intruded into my account without my knowledge and accord ?  I verified with others too who could login rediffmail with their IDs today inclduing through my PC.  OK, let me pacify myself that there might be problem with the server where my ID exists.  This is not the end.  In another incident, way back 4 months ago, though I could login with my rediffmail ID (same ID) but found all the contact details in address book were vanished and I had to restore once again manually.

If anyone had similar experience either today (25.11.2008) or at any time in past, may please share your experience here so as to be precautious by other co-members too.  Thanks.

 

Replies (4)

I have same problems also while login at rediff mail.

Hi, Gaurav, But when ? Can you remember the approximate date and your experience ?

U have to change ur ID password in every 2-3 months to avoid this problem

Hi all, thanks for response.  But can this problem be attributed to the intrusion of hackers into our mail account, of course, without malafide intention but to collect vital data, if any, or was it due to some technical snag in its servers.

Also, please let me know how to contact rediffmail helpline.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details