Questions about service tax online registration

Simple (Java Consultant) (104 Points)

24 February 2012  

My father, who is a Senior Citizen, has rented two shops to two different banks in Mumbai. The total rent has crossed 9 lakhs and so it was clarified that we have to charge Service Tax to the Bank (Tenant) and pay the Government. Here's the link to that thread where I was advised to register -
/forum/questions-new-about-service-tax-on-rent-190852.asp

I am registering on behalf of of my father and I went on www.aces.gov.in and clicked on Service Tax. I then created a user registration with my name and signed in. Now I clicked on "REG" tab and clicked on the option for "Fill ST-1".

I have gone through ACES registration FAQ / Help document, but I still have some questions -
(1) "Constitution Of applicant" - should this be "Proprietor"?

(2) "Nature of Registration" - since my father has two shops in different parts of Mumbai should I select "Centralized Registration for more than one premises"?

(3) "Address of Premises for which Registration is sought" <-- Should I enter one of the shops' address here or should I register our residence / home address which would be a 'THIRD' address. But this home is NOT on rent and will be entered here only for correspondence for my father.

(4) Selection of ‘Commisionerate’, ‘Division’ and ‘Range’ will be based on whichever address we put in ‘Address of Premises for which Registration is sought’, correct? So if we put that third address (our home address and this is not given out on Rent), then our Service Tax ‘Commisionerate’, ‘Division’ and ‘Range’ will be based on that home address, correct? Because the two different shops are in two different areas of Mumbai and in other Wards as compared to our home address Ward.

Your help / advice would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.