Query related to interest free loan to huf by karta

Anurag (service)     03 August 2019

Anurag
service 
 24 points

| My Other Post

I am an individual in 30% tax bracket. I am also Karta of my HUF. To save tax on FD interest I want to give interest free loan to my HUF and do FD from HUF account. I have following questions related to this.

1. What documents do I need to keep when I give interest free loan to HUF ? Do I need to mention when HUF must return principal amount back to Karta or it can be left open where HUF can return the principal whenever it wants to ?

2. Will interest free loan will attract clubbing provision on interest earned by HUF on FD ? I have searched on net and there are mixed information available. Some experts say income generated by loan doesn't come under clubbing provision while others say opposite.

3. When Karta gives interest free loan to his HUF does Karta need to declare the loan in his ITR ? Does HUF need to declare loan in its ITR ?

avater

Kapadia Pravin   03 August 2019

Kapadia Pravin

473 likes  7712 points

View Profile | My Other Post

1. bank records are sufficient
2. not applicable
3.Yes

Anurag (service)     03 August 2019

Anurag
service 
 24 points

Thanks.

Followup question : If I just keep the bank record for the transfer then how do income tax department will differentiate between gift v/s loan v/s interest free loan. Does it help to keep a record on plain paper detailing the loan amount and condition, which is signed by HUF Karta, and Karta ?

avater

subhagan sreerangam   03 August 2019

subhagan sreerangam

142 likes  5621 points

good clarification and information

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »