becker cpa

Updated CA/CS/CMA Online/Pendrive/Download classes available for May 21/ Nov 21 attempt. Call: 088803-20003

coaching
Prodamy

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Query regarding the applicability of revised schedule vi

vivek garg (Chartered Accountant)     13 December 2012

vivek garg
Chartered Accountant 
 51 points

| My Other Post

Hi All,

I have a query regarding the applicability of revised schedule VI. A Company has been incorporated on 08.03.2011 and prepared its first balance sheet for the period of 08.03.2011 to 31.03.2012 as per revised schedule vi.

However, as per MCA notification, revised schedule VI is applicable for Balance Sheet for FY starting on or after 01.04.2011.

Now please share whether the aforesaid Balance Sheet has been correctly prepared (as per revised schedule vi) or not?

Kindly provide your opinion with supporting.

Regards,

CA Vivek Garg

Shankar BA(Hons)

Shankar BA(Hons) (CS)     14 December 2012

Shankar BA(Hons)
CS 
 10 likes  278 points

View Profile | My Other Post
Buddy, You have prepared the Balance Sheet correctly as per the revised schedule VI. 23 days does not make any difference. The Balance Sheet has to be prepared as per the revised schedule VI. See to that you enter the Incorporation date in the financial year column of the balance sheet. Confidently go ahead with compilation & confirm the same by presenting before the Board of Directors and file the same to ROC.
Souvik Kumar Ghosh

Souvik Kumar Ghosh (CA Final)     14 December 2012

Souvik Kumar Ghosh
CA Final 
 22 likes  1368 points

No the aforesaid Balance Sheet should have been prepared as per Pre-Revised Schedule-VI because it is Statutory format & its early adoption is prohibitted. The fact has also been mentioned in the ICAI's Guidance note. Im attching a relevant extract of the same.

Regards

Attached File : 533634 1100326 guidance note on rvi.pdf downloaded: 87 times
Shankar BA(Hons)

Shankar BA(Hons) (CS)     14 December 2012

Shankar BA(Hons)
CS 
 10 likes  278 points

Originally posted by : Souvik Ghosh

No the aforesaid Balance Sheet should have been prepared as per Pre-Revised Schedule-VI because it is Statutory format & its early adoption is prohibitted. The fact has also been mentioned in the ICAI's Guidance note. Im attching a relevant extract of the same.

Regards

Mr.Ghosh What you have said is absolutely right. But in this case the balance sheet is prepared 31st march, 2012. So Logically speaking he has to prepare the revised one.
Rajat Gupta

Rajat Gupta (CA)     14 December 2012

Rajat Gupta
CA 
 2 likes  54 points

It should be prepared as per old schedule VI...since it is a statutroy format its earlier adoption is prohibited....also i have also tackled the same problm in case of 5 companies...

Also, the condition is that for revised chedule VI the financial year should commence from 01/04/2011...

1 Like
CS,CA F,Numrologi TusharSampat

CS,CA F,Numrologi TusharSampat (CS CA F Numerologist Astrologer Graphologist Face reader Vastu Expert)     14 December 2012

CS,CA F,Numrologi TusharSampat
CS CA F Numerologist Astrologer Graphologist Face reader Vastu Expert 
 5078 likes  85890 points

Originally posted by : Shankar BA(Hons)

Originally posted by : Souvik Ghosh

No the aforesaid Balance Sheet should have been prepared as per Pre-Revised Schedule-VI because it is Statutory format & its early adoption is prohibitted. The fact has also been mentioned in the ICAI's Guidance note. Im attching a relevant extract of the same. Regards

Mr.Ghosh

What you have said is absolutely right. But in this case the balance sheet is prepared 31st march, 2012.

So Logically speaking he has to prepare the revised one.

Jayalakshmi Anshuman

Jayalakshmi Anshuman (Chartered Accountant)     17 December 2012

Jayalakshmi Anshuman
Chartered Accountant 
 4 likes  69 points

The financials have to be prepared in the old schedule VI format as compliance with schedule VI is mandatory.  The revised schedule vi is effective for financial year commencing on or after 1st April 2011 only.

If prepared incorrectly in revised schedule VI, then the financials will be invalid as the same are not in accordance with Companies Act, 1956.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Trending Tags