Query on Excel help for adding $ sign to formula

Hi,

I have range of cells with forumula which have references to other cells.

For example:: In cell A1 I have forumula "=B1*C1"

                          In cell A2 I have forumla" =B2*C2"

 

I want to select these two cells A1 and A2 and make forumulas in them permanent.

For example I want in cell A1 I want the forumula to be "=$B$1*$C$1"

How to do this in one stroke for all selected cells. Is there any shortcuts for this?

 

Thanks

 

 

 

Replies (5)

 ya, u can create in one stroke , just go to a1 cell, & then just press (F2) for goin to editing mode to cell A1.& then just press (F4) for adding dollar sign 

 

i think the idea suggested by Ayush will not solve the purpose coz it will take effect only into the particular cell edited & not the whole range selected.

You may try the following :

Select the range containing the formulae. Cntrl+H. Find B Replace with $B$. Replace All.

Repeate same for C.

plz tell me to the Excell Formalas.

 HEY, yar anil, u just want to edit A cell naaa.,,, then just do as i suggested, & copy it & paste in same range u want.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details