Query about filing form 10E for FY 2016-17

I have a query. I have received demand for AY 2017-18 (FY 2016-17) for the arrear that I had received. While filing FY2016-17 ITR, I have shown the arrear in ITR and claimed relief under section 89 but I didn’t fill Form 10E. I didn’t check Intimation send in that year, which had a demand because of not filling 10E even though I had claimed refund. Can I fill 10E now without revising the ITR as the ITR submitted was correct, only 10E was not filled? And also because ITR for FY 2016-17 cannot be revised now.

Replies (2)
Yes,You can file 10 E without revising ITR
An employee, who is entitled to relief under Section 89, is required to submit Form 10E.

It has to be filed online at the e-filing portal and has to be filed before filing of the Income Tax Return

Now at the most you submit online a request for condonation of delay and after approval go for Rectification under 154 for getting relief under 89

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details