CCI Online Learning
What do you want to learn today?

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Query about filing form 10E for FY 2016-17

Adeel Khan   16 September 2019

Adeel Khan

 1 points

| My Other Post

I have a query. I have received demand for AY 2017-18 (FY 2016-17) for the arrear that I had received. While filing FY2016-17 ITR, I have shown the arrear in ITR and claimed relief under section 89 but I didn’t fill Form 10E. I didn’t check Intimation send in that year, which had a demand because of not filling 10E even though I had claimed refund. Can I fill 10E now without revising the ITR as the ITR submitted was correct, only 10E was not filled? And also because ITR for FY 2016-17 cannot be revised now.


Suman Shinde (Accountant)     16 September 2019

Suman Shinde
 2 likes  71 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Yes,You can file 10 E without revising ITR


Kapadia Pravin   16 September 2019

Kapadia Pravin

 917 likes  14293 points

View Profile | My Other Post

An employee, who is entitled to relief under Section 89, is required to submit Form 10E.

It has to be filed online at the e-filing portal and has to be filed before filing of the Income Tax Return

Now at the most you submit online a request for condonation of delay and after approval go for Rectification under 154 for getting relief under 89

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Trending Tags
GST Live Class    |    x