Property sale transaction in itr

I sold a property two years back after keeping it for 5 years having no Capital Gain profit for which I claimed Tax benefits on Housing Loan. I did not the sale in my return that year.  What to do ?

I did not show  the Sale transaction in my Return that year ( FY: 2011-12)  considering Capital Loss on the property. No summary assessment received.  My return also not closed yet due to some errors arrise and considered as defective which has been re-filed just few days back.

Replies (5)

Why don't you revise your return

Originally posted by : Ankit Singla

Why don't you revise your return

Thanks for the reply. Till what date I can file a revised ITR for FY: 2011-12 for showing the sale of property though my ITR for FY: 2011-12 is yet to be closed as I had to re-file it as Defective due to some errors in claiming losses from Future Trading.  Should I wait till the re-filed ITR as defective is accepted?  Pls note again, I had loss on the sale of my property. If this ITR is not finalised before closind date of filing of current year ITR i.e. FY: 2012-13, can I revise my FY:2011-12 ITR  after closing of FY: 2012-13 ITR?

You can file revise return u/s 139(5) before 31st March 2014 or completion of assessment whichever is earlier for F/Y 2011-12 but this is only if you have filed original return u/s 139(1) i.e. before its due date 31st July 2012.

where in ITR 2 should I file LTCG due to sale of property? 112(1) with provision or without provision?

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details