Process accounts

Well, to be frank I am weak in Accounts. So, I was studying this Process Accounting and then I got confused about Process Accounts itself. So, is process account a nominal account? If yes, then please explain why is it debited when materials are consumed i.e. { Process A/c Dr. ----- To --------- Direct Materials A/c }. I know why we credit Direct Materials but I am just curious about Process A/c. 

Replies (1)

processing means it is expenses. all expenses are nominal accounts. so debit process a/cs. Processing material is using from the raw material stock. when certain portion of stock is going to process, naturally raw material stock will reduce. For reduction of stock you have to credit the stock account

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details