Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gaurav Bahmania (Manager)     23 July 2021

Presentation of Overfunded DB Plan in Reporting Entity Accounts

The Reporting entity maintains irrevocable trust for Defined Benefits Obligations of its employees. There is no further contribution required to be made to the trust as all the members of the trust shall be retiring within 2-3 years. Current Status of the plan is overfunded, therefore the reporting entity has disclosed the amount by which the plan is overfunded as an asset in its books of accounts. The amount is calculated by the actuary. 

Since the overfunded amount will never by returned by the trust due to trust being irrevocable, whether the treatment of the amount by which the plan is overfunded considered as an asset by the reporting entity is in line with Ind AS 19.

4 Replies

yasaswi gomes

yasaswi gomes (My grammar is 💯 good I)     23 July 2021

I wouldn’t worry if it is a big company. As assets and liabilities tally. Ie., money pooled into the scheme and invested from bank balance. 

Gaurav Bahmania

Gaurav Bahmania (Manager)     24 July 2021

Whether the asset created shall be shown as Current or Non-current.

yasaswi gomes

yasaswi gomes (My grammar is 💯 good I)     24 July 2021

Current pension asset for current and adjust non current for extra amount. There should be a reversal, which I am not sure about, contacting esi will be better idea. Don’t mail, you’ll not get a reply. Visit the office personally

yasaswi gomes

yasaswi gomes (My grammar is 💯 good I)     24 July 2021

I searched all over the net and could not find how to reverse epfo payments. Some employee who’ll get more funds, so better raise a service request from the pensions office. Did you use epfo?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register