PREPARATION FOR FINAL

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26258 Points)

09 August 2010  

Question :

Vishnu Priya :

Good Morning Sir, Now I am a CA Final Student, actually I cleared PCC first group in May 2009 and second group in May 2010. I took four attempts to clear PCC. My article ship 3 & 1/2 years is going to be completed. Please help me I am feared about Final, how to get through? how to start preparation? How to plan the study so that I can clear it in first attempt. Please help me in this regard Sir, Thank you Regards, Vishnupriya

Answer : 

The question raised by you relates to majority of students. 

First of all; it is not necessary that a student who passed PCC by 3-4 attempts cannot pass CA in one shot. It is also not necessary that a student who passes PCC in one shot would be able to pass CA Final in first attempt.

So your fear towards CA Final is not valid just because you passed it after several attempts.

But fear is valid because out of PCC passed students; only 10-15% pass in CA Final. Recent results are more discouraging. The reason is that it seems the policy of the ICAI to have more number of ATC rather than qualified CA. So those who will give extra-ordinary performance in the examinations will succeed. 

Now the question remains : How to perform extraordinarily ?

First of all; focus on the following points :