Pre- owned car business , Client managerial issues.

Dear professionals
client is audit Assessee.
Client is only sharing bank statements with me.
bank statement shows transaction entries as per banking standards & narrations which do not provide details about which particular vehicle is sold/purchased & party from whome amount is received or paid.

in this scenario I am not even able to calculate margin on a vehicles for GST purpose. That's the reason failed to calculate and pay outward GST liabilities.
Because of this attitude of client, GST reg is not taken.

Also as an accountant, without complete information I cannot make the ledger of the debtor/ creditors by myself without taking confirmation of those debtors and creditors.

Accounting practice I am following -

1st identify all investments from bank statement and journalise them

2nd identify all the drawings and journalise them

3rd identify loan entries and journalise them

4th I treats large sum in the debit side of the bank statement as business purchases. (without making any creditor ledgers because I dont know debit entrie's details )

and treat large credit entries as sales.

5th Balancing figure as stock and profit.

my Question.

- What I am doing is right or wrong?

- I am using ZOHO Accounting software.

- What I suggest to him to do, so his own accounts shall have all reliable informations.

- Shall I leave such type of clients?


Please guide.








He do not provide me entry wise supporting data.

accounting practice which i am following.
Replies (2)
Quick Summary
An accountant is facing significant challenges managing the accounts for a pre-owned car business client who only provides bank statements. The lack of detailed transaction narrations prevents accurate calculation of GST liabilities and proper ledger maintenance. The accountant is questioning their current accounting methods and seeking guidance on how to obtain reliable information from the client, whether to continue with such clients, and how to improve the client's accounting practices.

Look! That is why accountants are poor and noble. They suffer everything because b.com or MBA employees in the client offices. Inform them as fraud to your tax authorities after you get your fee. Very cheap CEO's are doing this everyone. A b.com guy is my manager? Your also uneducated to me but you don't have to suffer much like this. 

I meant to say your not uneducated last year, but take their erp back up and work on it.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Account Executive

Elite Taxation

New Delhi

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
06 October 2026
Assistant Manager - Audit and Compliance

Ravi K Jain & Co

Noida

Others

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
SALES TELECALLER

HIRE NOVA

Lucknow

Graduate (Any)

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details