CA Final/Inter Fast track classes available for May 20 attempt. Call: 1800-3000-0505

POP3 Internet Access for Gmail/Yahoo

^^^ AJIT ^^^ (SERVICE & CS [CONTD.])     13 April 2010

^^^ AJIT ^^^
SERVICE & CS [CONTD.] 
 24 likes  1454 points

| My Other Post

I am on a slow dial-up internet connection and using Outlook Express 6 as my E-mail client which is configured for POP3 access. I am experiencing two problems – (1) My mail client now fails to pull out emails from the web server i.e. Gmail and Yahoo etc. on to my hard drive as it used to do earlier and (2) If by chance, it pulls out a few emails onto my local drive, it pulls out older emails first followed by the latest ones. Please suggest if there are any settings on the Gmail/Yahoo websites and/or in my E-mail client (Outlook Express6) to make it pull all emails smoothly into my local inbox and in this order – newer emails first followed by older ones.

avater

TAPASH (AUDIT EXECUTIVE)     15 April 2010

TAPASH
AUDIT EXECUTIVE 
 17 likes  132 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Firstly , all old mail will come first always, ther is a way in gmail to take mail only from today to emial client.

Secondly, you are in ice age friends, OUTLOOK EXPRESS 6 is too old.  Microsoft launched windows mail replacing OUTLOOK EXPRESS. download it from download.live.com

Then use this link to get instruction for setting pop access through windows mail to your gmail accoutn.

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86383

( you may have to put usename for that access)

I hope this will work. For yahoo, only people have yahoo.co.in account can access pop, for other yahoo user you have to pay yahoo to access pop.

1 Like
avater

CA Vinod V Menon (Chartered Accountant)     19 April 2010

CA Vinod V Menon
Chartered Accountant 
 110 likes  489 points

View Profile | My Other Post

You can configure your pop3 client (outlook or any 3rd party email client) to download gmail. 

This is quite simple. Check out here for more info: Click here or from google help: click here

Once you have successfully configured the client, make sure you download only the header first. (Send and receive option - download header only) Go through the header and check the size of the mail. Here you can mark to download in full those mails which you require and keep the rest in the server itself. 

YOu can even mark to delete the mails from server (gmail) which are spam and have considerable size. 

..... dont forget to say thanks if you like this reply!!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »