Plz help me to restart my ca

harpreet singh (Revenue Accountant at PSPCL)   (593 Points)

04 September 2018  

hello everyone,

i am harpreet singh from chandigarh. i enrolled for CA course in 2008 after my graduation. i cleared cpt and pcc in the very first attempt. i completed my articleship in 2011 after that i appeared for CA final exam in nov 2011 with full preparation for group one and  group 2 i just given for experience not even taking a single class. i was sure to clear group one but unfortunately i failed by just 6 marks for aggregate. i was very shattered at that time.

Then i started preparing for group one only with full concentration. i was also doing job in a ca firm along with my studies. Meanwhile i appeared for a govt job in Punjab state power corporation for the post of revenue accountant for which minimum qualification was CA inter. i appeared for any govt exam for the first time and with the grace of almighty i cleared that exam. i was ready for may 2012 exams but unluckily my interview for the job fall on the date of accounts paper. Venue of interview was 60 km away from the exam centre. i was in great confusion what to do now. my inner voice was compelling me to go for interview as i already crossed age of 26 but was  unemployed . But somehow i managed to attend the interview and gone for exam too. i was very disturbed at that time. i given my exam whole heartedly but god had already decided something else for me. I failed this time again by 10 marks but got exemption in law.

I was shattered at that time and regretting my decision. Happily I got the appointment letter for my job and joined in Aug 2012. My job as RA was bit tough as it was purely public dealing job and therefore I hardly get time for studies. Due to too much work load I did not appeared for the exam again and my exemption got lapsed. I decided to leave CA. in 2014 I got married due to intense pressure of my relatives. I got busy in my personal life. I am very happy with my wife and two year old kid. All of my friends are CA now and this thing is pinching me a lot that even after putting so much efforts and time I did not make it.

But now as I am well settled and even my job is also not that hard right now as I am transferred to remote area and now I have lots of time to study. I am thinking of giving CA exams again in May 2019 and need your guidance for the same.

For FR I am referring CA parveen Jindal pen drive classes and law and audit I am doing self. I scored exemption in law by doing self-studies so I am bit confident about it. I even scored 50+ in SFM in both my attempts but now I am confused how to start sfm since there are lot of changes made. I viewed leaked video lectures at that time and did not refer any book apart from ICAI material. But still I am not able to gain confidence to start SFM. Other subjects I already started. So I am requesting you to kindly suggest me something for SFM and tell me what strategy I must follow for self-study of SFM.

Thanks and regards