PCC Stream Final students Eligibility????

Suman (CA FINAL) (214 Points)

06 August 2010  

Hello friends

I found the following lines in Instructions for filling Final Exam Form Online under the head Eligibility Criteria - Final.

you must be in service as on 1st November, 2010 and serving the last six months of article training including excess leave, if any and due to complete 3 1/2 years on or before 30th April, 2011(for PCC students)

7 ( c) As per Regulation 29 B(i) ,and in accordance with the resolution of the Council under Regulation No. 205 the candidates of Final Examination can appear in the last 6 months of their article training period of 3 1/2 years. Hence such candidates eligible to appear in the final examination to be held in November 2010, subject to other requirements, need to have 3 years of article training without excess leave as on 31.10.2010 and in service as on 1.11.2010.

(iv) you must be in service as on 1st November, 2010 and serving the last six months of training including excess leave, if any and due to complete 3 1/2 years on or before 30th April, 2011. (for PCC students) (Certificate of service to this effect will be sent to the Addl. Secretary Exams) by 30th November, 2010

Source : https://icaiexam.icai.org/guidelines.php

When i enquired over phone in one of the regional office the reply was not possible only aft completion of 3.5 yrs articles can take up Final Exam. They were not ready to hear me and told to approach Delhi Office. 

It will be a great help for me and many students lik me.

Thanku

Please can u confirm as my articles getting over by the  end of Feb 2010, am i eligible for Nov 2010 Final Exam