Pausing internship

Im doing my internship from 4 months. As I've not cleared my group 2 yet,  I now want to terminate my internship for 3 months and join later with a new firm.

Can I pause articleship for 3 months and continue later?

 

Replies (4)

Sindhu, it sounds a bit tricky. Nowadays, you can't take transfers so easily, but you have to go and talk to the head at the Articles Section of your region, and if he/she is satisfied about the genuineness of your reason to pause articleship for some time, you will have to write a letter for the same, and then it will be accepted.

 

Good luck!

You can do so if you want to terminate. But make sure your Principal must agree for your termination. Then only ICAI accepts the termination. As you are in first year of articles, its somewhat easy, if it is in 2nd or 3rd year, then it will be very difficult to get. I assume you are in IPCC/PCC. My advise is plan your time for studies somehow in nights and continue your articleship. Just for study purposes, if you terminates the articleship, it will show impact at the time of campus placements.

Instead of terminating, why don't you take leave for the exams?

I also first appeared and cleared only Group 1 of my IPCC (May, 2010 of which results were declared in August 1st week) and started my Articleship in August 4th week, 2010. Then I have taken leave from the 1st week of October, written the exams in November, 2010 and also cleared.

 

So I advise you to take leave from this April and write the exams in May, 2012

thank you all.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details