Password for Excel Worksheet

Dear Friends,

I created an Excel Worksheet containing valuable data a few months back and saved it with a password. Unfortunately I forgot the password and now I am unable to open that file. Is there any way of opening that Excel File.

Please advise
Replies (23)
Hi Ravi, You will get few demo software through which you can open. I did this once. Regards, Mahesha M
Can u pl tell me from which site I can get this demo software. thanks
try www.tucows.com
I can surely help you in recovering the password of the file however you need to send the file to me at mahesh.sharma @ icicibank.com Contact No. 9811917076
dear mahesh i have file is it ok if i send across to u,pl revert for further forwarding
ok do one thing uploaded that file to google documents so that your password will automatically deleted online & then u will again export in Excel file........ I have done this so many times....... i will always get successful result
thanks.. I have recovered it.. thanks once again
You will get few demo software through which you can open. I did this once www.elcomsoft.com
thanks eerybody for your kind help. I have recovered the password... I also got to know that there are hundreds of sites available for this.
Please send the software at bansalsudhir @ rediffmail.com or tell me the site name
Excel Help Will support You.
Or try Microsoft Office Help

 well, to counter this problem, i tried a software for p/w recovery.

i got it from forum. if any1 wants, give mail id.

To make an excel sheet as password protected, Click on Save As and a new Pop-up will open.
In that pop-up there will be tool icon..click on that and there will be general option..
Set ur passord settings and save the file...So after that it was ask for password everytime.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details