PAN Surrender

15 days before, I had submitted application along with original PAN and death certificate for surrender of PAN of my father who passed away in 2017. I had taken acknowledgment from jurisdictional income tax office but status of PAN is ACTIVE till now. If I go to jurisdictional income tax office again to ask why they had not cancelled PAN till now they will demand xxxx. Does PAN cancellation takes time ? I had acknowledgment with me, now it is department responsibility to cancel PAN or not. Is this point is valid ? What should I do now ?

 

Replies (1)
The IT DEPARTMENT will scrutinize the application and once he satisfy or find correct then he cancelled it
wait for fews days and then called they back
yup they will ask for xxxx
why not you went to Aaykar Sampark Kendra they too do the cancellation.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Trainee/ CMA Trainee

RMA And Associates LLP

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details