Pan name and bank a/c name differ

Shamita (Learner) (410 Points)

13 October 2012  

If the name of the asseessee differs in her PAN from her bank a/c, will this create problem in income tax refund.

Eg.: If name on PAN is "Shamita" and in bank name is "Shamita Aggawal", can department return the refund cheque saying that bank name differs with the PAN.

Please reply.