Own house & hra

I own a House. I was staying there till Feb 2012. I moved to a Rented house in the other part of the city, which is closer to my office. 

During the FY 2012-13, I stayed in the Rented house, while my own house remained Locked/vacant.

I pay a rent of 10k p.m. while I receive HRA also. I also pay my Housing Loan Principal & Interest for the own house.

 

Can I claim HRA for the rented house of 50k, as well as claim deduction for Principal & Interest repayment on Housing loan for own house.
If so, will my own house be treated as Self occupied or Deemed to be let out, as Interest payment is about 2 Lakhs. 

Replies (1)

You are staying in the rented house for employment reason, paying rent and the rented house is not owned by you. You can claim HRA exemption as per the other limits in the section.

Your own house will be SOP and you will get deduction for interest max 1.5L u/s 24b and principal max 1L u/s 80C.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details