Out of Box thinking by 473 students of CA Final (New Course)

CA-CWA RAVI (CA-CWA in industry) (5464 Points)

10 July 2009  

Dear Friends

I was just going through a mail dated 1st July,’09 wherein President of ICAI, CA. Uttam Prakash Aggrawalji mentioned:

“A total of 1,24,341 candidates were admitted to various examinations out of which 39,603 were admitted in the Finals, 473 in the (New Course) Finals, 22,243 in Professional Education – II, & 62,022 in the Professional Competence Exam.”

I was really happy to find that there were 473 students who were out of herd. They thought in a very different manner than others. Although, I agree that they might have faced problems regarding coaching/guidance about new course, but still think in this way:

If we expect a passing result % as 20% (although it is always higher) then approximately 95 students will get passed. Now, out of these 95 students there will be 50 ranks.

Think again, almost every second passing student will get rank if he had opted new course.

My point of showing these figures is to let you rethink, if you are going for last attempt of CA Final i.e. Nov.’08 by old course. Here also if we take 20% passing result, there will 80 students out of 100 brilliant students who will be forced to switch to New course if they become unsuccessful.

My motive of writing this mail is not to de-motivate you or to help you in losing your confidence, but I want you to think in a different manner to build a glorious career in 1st attempt itself.

May god bless you & may almighty passes you with fantabulous scores in your respective 1st attempt itself.

CA. Parag Gupta
(Faculty-Costing & O.R. for CA Final)