ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Open letter to all persons concern with ICAI.

Nidhi (xyz) (31 Points)

07 August 2010  

Open letter to all persons concern with ICAI.

Respected Sir/Madam,

SUB: Problems regarding Eligibility of PE-II Students to write\attempt CA Final Exams

Through this letter, We would like to bring to your notice the hardships faced by PE-II Students. Unlike a PCC Student where First Eligible CA Final Attempt remains unchanged provided such student passes his PCC exam with a maximum of four attempts, A PE-II Student's eligibility to give his/her First CA final attempt keeps extending by 6 months on every failure in PE-II Exams.

Unfortunately, we have been one of the targets of the above problem & are facing such consequences. We daily come across PCC students who are younger than us & have taken more attempts than me in PCC, but still they are giving their Final exam One year before us.

We Kindly request the Board of Studies to be Just and Fair to all the students. The Institute should either reduce the Articleship period for PE-II Students or Amend the eligibility requirement related to completion of articles for attempting CA Final exam For PE-II Students.

Present Eligibility Requirement: He /She is Eligible to appear in the Final examination Pending 12 months of articleship.

Proposed Eligibility Requirement:

--> Either Reduce the Articleship Period of PE-II Students from 3 years to 2.5 years.

OR

--> Make PE-II Students Eligible to appear in atleast One Group of CA Final   Examination pending 18 months of articleship.

This matter is very serious and is causing various inequalities amongst CA Students. 

We kindly request the Board of Studies to look into this matter quickly, be just and fair to all categories of students & bring about necessary changes in the rules regarding CA PE-II pass-outs.

Looking Forward to a Positive & Quick Decision from your side and expecting approval of this impartial change in the Course.

But now the announcement come that PCC students can give final CA examination in last 6 month of articleship.
Final students who has come in final ca after passing PE II are continiously trying to make understand ICAI the above mention matter . But instead of giving relief to them ICAI has given relief to PCC students who are already in benefit , now they are in more benefit. This is purely partiality of ICAI between final CA students who has come from passing PE II students and the students passing through IPCC/PCC.  ICAI has given relief to PCC/ IPCC students or the students transfered from PEII to IPCC/PCC but what is for that who are in final CA after passing PEII examination. 

Is it not the injustice with them???????
Shame on ICAI !!!!!!!!!!!

plz reply

13 Replies

Poonam (article) (312 Points)
Replied 07 August 2010

yes but we are helpless

Arun m (DIP) (124 Points)
Replied 08 August 2010

why the heck dont you convert to ipcc in the first place if you have so much problems.. i have cleared my pcc and we know that IPCC students have more benefits than PCC students of enjoying 9 months of free study time for exams and tution preparing and then even after clearing one group they can start Training..

But we DO NOT complain.. So stop fussing around and accept the fact. If you had taken more time for studies rather than fooling around like this, you could have cleared your exams on time.

Suman (CA FINAL) (214 Points)
Replied 08 August 2010

Hi Nidhi,

As PCC students, we are undergoing 3.5 yrs of srticles. Earlier we were eligible to appear our Final exam only aft completion of 3.5 yrs articles.

So if a std's articles gets over by nov 2010 he has to wait until may 2011 to take up his exam and then need to wait 2 months for results. 8 months he cant even go to employment.

PEII and IPCC stds can appear Final before completion of articles and even before the completion of articles they are clearing Final. Also ur articles period is 3 yrs. (PEII - 12m earlier and IPCC-6m earlier)

We were also undergoing many difficulties atlast got releaved to some extent. So i think u faulting PCC students is not fair.

After a long struggle with Institute we got this. A committee was formed to discuss 6 months earlier by June 2009 but conclusion made in August 2010.

U can request Institute for ur case but dont fault another stream students without knowing the background.

ALL THE BEST:-)

2 Like

CA Anshu Agarwal (B€ @LW@¥$ ]-[@Pp¥) (1832 Points)
Replied 08 August 2010

PCC students have to undergo artileship training for 3.5 years, but PE-II student only for 3 years.

this is also an unjustice.

Poonam (article) (312 Points)
Replied 08 August 2010

Actually NIdhi is right. Because their articleship starts when they have passed PE II exam while its not in PCC stream. their articleship continues if attemts were done in PCC. So PEII stream is too much longer compairing with PCC / IPCC stream.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Suman

Hi Nidhi,

As PCC students, we are undergoing 3.5 yrs of srticles. Earlier we were eligible to appear our Final exam only aft completion of 3.5 yrs articles.

So if a std's articles gets over by nov 2010 he has to wait until may 2011 to take up his exam and then need to wait 2 months for results. 8 months he cant even go to employment.

PEII and IPCC stds can appear Final before completion of articles and even before the completion of articles they are clearing Final. Also ur articles period is 3 yrs. (PEII - 12m earlier and IPCC-6m earlier)

We were also undergoing many difficulties atlast got releaved to some extent. So i think u faulting PCC students is not fair.

After a long struggle with Institute we got this. A committee was formed to discuss 6 months earlier by June 2009 but conclusion made in August 2010.

U can request Institute for ur case but dont fault another stream students without knowing the background.

Jaswanth (Trading) (27 Points)
Replied 08 August 2010

you are right as PE II are required to to wait for two and half years for attaining eligibility for  articleship provided we complete PE i& PE II in first attempt but cpt people enter aricleship within six months definitely injustice is done to PE II students

Sids (ARTICLESHIP) (181 Points)
Replied 08 August 2010

Originally posted by : Suman

Hi Nidhi,

Kalpesh Chauhan, (Tax Assistant (Accounting Technician CA FINAL CS PROF. PROG. B.Com))   (8310 Points)
Replied 08 August 2010

Originally posted by : Poonam

yes but we are helpless

Me too have just cleared in may 2010.

But will have final in nov. 2012

CA Anshu Agarwal (B€ @LW@¥$ ]-[@Pp¥) (1832 Points)
Replied 08 August 2010

why all of u r giving fault to each other or to the institute..??

when, PCC was not introduced, all students have to go through PE-II.

and not when PCC is introduced, PE-II shall ceased to exist in future,

and also due to introduce of I-PCC, PCC shall also ceased to exist in future.

the only fault of the institute (which may be said), is that it is changing its eduction system too quickly..

chintan (practising CA) (229 Points)
Replied 08 August 2010

Dude I am a PCC student ..

See my justification for PCC students:

Respected Sir,

Sub: Reduction in the period of articles for PCC students from 3 ½ years to 3 years

I had read a post on www.icai.org regarding abovementioned subject. (https://icai.org/post.html?post_id=4691&c_id=219)

I want to throw some light on above issue which might be of some importance to your committee:

Course

PCC

IPCC

PE-II

Period of articleship

3.5 years

3 years

3 years

Leave Allowed

7 Months

6 Months

6 Months

Net Articleship period

35 Months

30 Months

30 Months

Exams to Appear during Articleship

PCC, C.A Final

CA Final

CA Final

Average Leave per Exam

3.5 Months

6 Months

6 Months

Note: - IPCC, PE-II Students have the privilege to study for IPCC/PE-II Exams with unrestricted leave.

This serves a double blow to PCC students who already have to cope up with Articlehip-PCC Exam-Articleship-CA Final Exam type of situation which is unlike the course format of other courses.

I hope your committee comes out with the decision to reduce the articleship period to three years as the articleship period of the earliest batches of PCC is nearing its end.

Expecting a positive reply from your side,

Regards,

Since this is a PEII centric posts, I think I should not have posted it here.....But I know that this messages dont have an impact on institute....

I have mailed this letter various times on email ids of Office bearers 7-8 months ago.....got stereotype response but no result.....hence i have lost hope on improvement!!

Now i have started to see all CA students as victims. Even u try it,u'll feel better!!!

Every CA student has his/her grievances,,,,try to think from point of view of the other courses' student.

Kashyap Joshi (Proprietor ) (260 Points)
Replied 08 August 2010

There are a lot of PE 2 students who are working since 2-3 years. Atleast that should be counted as articleship and credit for the same should be given to them.

Suman (CA FINAL) (214 Points)
Replied 12 August 2010

Hi friends,

Atlast PEII students too got relaxation by clearing one of the Groups can take up the  arrticles.

I think Crying Baby gets milk is the policy of our Institute.

ALL THE BEST friends:-)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags