Online payment of self assessment tax for someone else

Hi

Can I pay self assessment tax online for my sister (major) through my online banking account?

Is it legal?

Or is it that the self assessment tax has to be paid through her online bank account only.

P.S.: Her PAN in not updated in her bank account. (If that makes any difference)

Thanks

Executive(Costing)

Hello,

Payment can be made from any account. Its does not make any difference.

Also, PAN updation in Bank will not make any difference.

Regards,

Vikas Aggarwal

Chartered Accountant

Can be made from any aacount

B.Com, CA Final, CS

agree with above... from any account and on anyone's behalf you can pay taxes... government only required to receive their taxes..

agree with above...

Agree with above too but their is only one little problem which is online payment does not shown in FORM 26 AS and if u pay online tax on behalf of your sister then u must take care while paying online tax.

Their is someone already in caclub india facing the same problem.

so i advice u to pay tax mannual by using challan 280 rather than paying online.

Mr Jatinder  i don't agree with this point of u'rs "their is only one little problem which is online payment does not shown in FORM 26 AS"

Generally in CA Firms, there will be online account & most of the clients tax payments are made through it. It is not compulsory that every one should have a specific online account for themselves to make their tax payment. 

But yes care has to be taken with regards to PAN & AY.

The taxes paid doesn't immediately reflect in FORM 26AS, it may take 2-3 working days.

So Mr Anshul, You can pay the self asst tax  for your sister through your online account, no problem at all. just be careful about the PAN & AY.

Executive(Costing)

Agreed with Gnanika.

Self Employed

See Mr.Anshul you can make payment of S.A tax online for your sister. But pls consider following things.

1.) When you will proceed for the payment pls confirm the name displayed by the Income tax site. i.e. you have to confirm the name exist in I.T. Department. If you find any variation pls check your PAN no.

2.) You have to show that much amount as loan given to your sister for the time being & you have take money from her. If u'll not take that money then same will be considerd as GIft to her. (from accounting aspect)

If you have any doubts u can write me on clientid.ca @ gmail.com . Amount paid online as S.A.Tax will be displayed in 26AS.

Varsh*t 

Originally posted by : CA JATINDER KAPOOR

Agree with above too but their is only one little problem which is online payment does not shown in FORM 26 AS and if u pay online tax on behalf of your sister then u must take care while paying online tax.

Their is someone already in caclub india facing the same problem.

so i advice u to pay tax mannual by using challan 280 rather than paying online.

It can take few days before the online payment is reflected in Form 26AS. You can download an updated version of Form 26AS after few days of making the online payment and it will be reflected in that.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

CCI MENU