On replacement

Mathew George ACMA (Finance Manager) (71 Points)

11 August 2015  

Good Afternoon Sir, Myself Mathew, a Cost Accountant, I have some doubts on Sales Tax, I will be greatfull if you could help me. For the last few days i dont have any answer for this.  My company is actualliy in to Import of PVC Roofing and Flooring material and Selling to Other States and with in the state. This has been going on for the last few years, now due to some mis management the product is of not good quality and customers are asking for replacement. On this Contrary we have imported a container only for Replacement. Is it necessary that we need to bill it and remit the sales tax . What we are doing now is putting the same in lowest cost that is some what equal to purchase cost and billing it.And remitting the sales tax. The problem is for interstate. Most likely the replacement is done in North India only. The trucks will not accept the material without invoice, e- declaration and delivery note. The problem is no revenue is generated already we are having problems with funds. We are Under the Kerala Sales Tax - (KVAT)