Offset less liability in gstr 3b and submitted

I have by mistake added money to my GST balance, but offset one liabiulity as zero instead of punching in the right figure

Can I pay the amount in the next months GSTR 3B by adding with interest ? Is there a self declared penalty to be paid ?

Replies (11)
u can do reset gstr 3b & again submit
Can't understand Your query...!
Please explain Yourself....

After final submission can I reset GSTR 3B ?

Deepak Kumar Sir

After final submission can I reset GSTR 3B ?
ARN has been recieved

Before Offset Liability we can Reset GSTR 3B... If You are Offset Your liabilities then Can't Reset GSTR 3B...

I have offset liabilities incorrectly, with zero value instead of correct value, and submitted GSTR 3B

So in current month, if I pay the amount + interest, is that the right solution ?

I don't know how to you "OFFSET LIABILITY" in correctly...

Bcoz., The process can't finishes without correct way... 

So, Clear your problem. What you did with mistakes...

Let me re-state the problem

 

PROBLEM

============

Mr. Raja , I have entered the invoices made in GSTR 1
So there is a liabiliity

But GSTR 1 is not automatically connected to the tax payment in GSTR 3b.
We have to manually enter the amount of tax that is payable, and split it up how much to debit from cash and from ITC credits

The default value for all liabilities to be offset is zero
I forgot to punch in the IGST amount, and submitted it

So the IGST amount is not debited to my account.
But a certain amount is payable and should have been paid.

That is my problem. I am unable to reset GSTR 3B once it is submitted. So I have a short payment

+++++++++++++++++

Question where I have requested help
If I have filed a wrong GSTR 3B due to wrong amount offset in December, then should I add the amount in January filing ? With 1.5% interest for the one month gap ?
 

According to this article, I can add it to the next months liability
Thank you.

If you also end up with a mistake in GSTR 1 or GSTR 3B like me (I hope that does nto happen) then this can be useful to you

https://www.financialexpress.com/economy/made-mistakes-in-gstr-1-gstr-3b-filing-you-can-now-rectify-it-without-any-penalty/998517/

Originally posted by : Pooja Roy
According to this article, I can add it to the next months liability
Thank you.

If you also end up with a mistake in GSTR 1 or GSTR 3B like me (I hope that does nto happen) then this can be useful to you

https://www.financialexpress.com/economy/made-mistakes-in-gstr-1-gstr-3b-filing-you-can-now-rectify-it-without-any-penalty/998517/

NOT RELEVANT THIS TO THE QUERY...

No need worry about GSTR 3B mistakes... If you are filed your GSTR 1 correctly then no more problems.

But.,

As per Your last State Yu are wrongly add / file details CGST/SGST instead of IGST...

In this way You can show the Deatail reverse basis then You can get your Correct Amounts in Correct head... Otherwise You will give Your Actual Transaction details/Figures and Wrong feed values then I will try to find the solutions...

 

Note :

No need to pay any Interest or Penalty about Your filing with Mistakes in GSTR 3B except wrongly States...

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
10 October 2026
Accounts Associate Level 1

Abic and Mani Chartered Accountants

Kottayam

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 08 October 2026
ARTICLE TRAINEE

S.B.G. & CO. CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details