LCI Learning

November 2009 Examination

Page no : 5

SNEHA (ca) (157 Points)
Replied 04 October 2009

is this applicable for pe2 students also

Rahul Bansal (Finalist) (35929 Points)
Replied 04 October 2009

All questions should be compulsory at both Professional Competence Examination / Integrated Professional Competence Examination and Final examinations.

Replied 04 October 2009

All questions should be compulsory at both Professional Competence Examination / Integrated Professional Competence Examination and Final examinations.

anshul bafna (student) (522 Points)
Replied 05 October 2009

buzaku (Superman) (159 Points)
Replied 05 October 2009

Dont understand why the institute doesnt post the above and bring clarity to the whole issue. Not everyone is as lucky as you Anshul to be speaking to the board memebrs. Nor will every one start feeling better because you clarified the issue in bold. :)

For one, I had tried calling them up on a query regarding my exemption only to be bounced from extension to extension for abt half n hour till some kind person decided to end my pain and hung up. Not giving in, I tried calling again and then was todl to wait and some really nice classical music was played. The music was nice, but since it was an international call, I cant afford the beautiful music. Hence I put the phone down.

The institute is very supportive of us - it inculcates nice hobbies like music and also teaches patience.

PUSHPINDER (ca student) (27 Points)
Replied 05 October 2009

hi.......

is this notification applicable for old cource of final also........?????????

CA CS Ravi Jaiswal (Working) (208 Points)
Replied 05 October 2009

Originally posted by :anshul bafna
"
 STOP ALL RUMOURS.

I'VE TALKED TO THE PRESIDENT OF ICAI AS WELL AS THE CHAIRMAN OF BOARD OF STUDIES.
THOUGH THE OPTIONS IN THE QUESTIONS ARE REMOVED BUT ONE WILL FIND OPTION WITHIN THE QUESTION.
FOR EXAMPLE, PREVIOUSLY THERE WERE 7 QUESTION, OF WHICH QUESTION 1 WAS COMPULSORY AND FROM REST 6 QUESTIONS, THERE WAS AN OPTION TO ATTEMPT ANY 4 QUESTIONS, NOW THIS FACILITY IS NOT AVAILABLE.
IN PLACE OF THIS, A STUDENT WILL FINE CHOICE WITHIN THE QUESTION. MEANS FPR EXAMPLE, THERE WILL BE ONLY 5 QUESTIONS IN THE PAPER AND ALL QUESTIONS WILL B COMPULSORY, BUT ONE WILL FINE OPTION WITHIN THE QUESTION. MEANS THERE WILL B 3 PARTS IN A QUESTION (SAY) AND A STUDENT HAVE TO ATTEMPT ANY TWO.
SO ULTIMATELY THE PAPER WILL B OF 150 MARKS AND A STUDENT WILL HAVE TO ATTEMPT 100 MARKS PAPERS...

"

In PCC all questions are compulsory and there are few option within the questions. So you mean that the same pattern will be followed, then why the ICAI had mentioned all questuons will be compulsory from NOV 09 just to confuse the student????

CA Sultan.........never quits (Financial Controller) (511 Points)
Replied 05 October 2009

Dear Rahul,

Where can i find this cirular in the institute website? Please don't give the link. Tell me where can i check this circular in the icai website.

Regards

Sultan

CA Sultan.........never quits (Financial Controller) (511 Points)
Replied 05 October 2009

Replied 05 October 2009

Originally posted by :sultan
" Dear Rahul,
Where can i find this cirular in the institute website? Please don't give the link. Tell me where can i check this circular in the icai website.
Regards
Sultan

"

icai-------------announcement

Replied 05 October 2009

Originally posted by :PUSHPINDER
" hi.......

is this notification applicable for old cource of final also........?????????
"

yes...this is applicable to old course of final also.

Replied 05 October 2009

Originally posted by :sultan
" Dear Rahul,

Regards

Sultan

"

you can find this announcement @ the home page of ICAI.ORG....in which you'll have to search for announcement tab.....then the subject of the announcement is "important announcement-november 2009 exam (30-09-2009)

Sowmya (Student) (22 Points)
Replied 06 October 2009

Originally posted by :Ravi Jaiswal
"

Originally posted by :anshul bafna

"

STOP ALL RUMOURS.

I'VE TALKED TO THE PRESIDENT OF ICAI AS WELL AS THE CHAIRMAN OF BOARD OF STUDIES.
THOUGH THE OPTIONS IN THE QUESTIONS ARE REMOVED BUT ONE WILL FIND OPTION WITHIN THE QUESTION.
FOR EXAMPLE, PREVIOUSLY THERE WERE 7 QUESTION, OF WHICH QUESTION 1 WAS COMPULSORY AND FROM REST 6 QUESTIONS, THERE WAS AN OPTION TO ATTEMPT ANY 4 QUESTIONS, NOW THIS FACILITY IS NOT AVAILABLE.
IN PLACE OF THIS, A STUDENT WILL FINE CHOICE WITHIN THE QUESTION. MEANS FPR EXAMPLE, THERE WILL BE ONLY 5 QUESTIONS IN THE PAPER AND ALL QUESTIONS WILL B COMPULSORY, BUT ONE WILL FINE OPTION WITHIN THE QUESTION. MEANS THERE WILL B 3 PARTS IN A QUESTION (SAY) AND A STUDENT HAVE TO ATTEMPT ANY TWO.
SO ULTIMATELY THE PAPER WILL B OF 150 MARKS AND A STUDENT WILL HAVE TO ATTEMPT 100 MARKS PAPERS...

"

In PCC all questions are compulsory and there are few option within the questions. So you mean that the same pattern will be followed, then why the ICAI had mentioned all questuons will be compulsory from NOV 09 just to confuse the student????
"

What is the authenticity of this information? can it be trusted that there would be choice in this format?

Bhawna Jain (CA Final student in mumbai)   (40 Points)
Replied 07 October 2009

It means even a practical subject doesn't contain theoryyy... Earlier Cost acc. contain 35-40 marks

Theoryyy...It is not applicable in novv... plzzz rply , its urgent

Replied 07 October 2009

JUST PREPARE EVERYTHING................THEORY + PRACTICAL

AS U KNOW...................

THEORY IS THE BASE FOR PRACTICAL

EXAMPLE:

TAX

LAW ( FOR CASES )

AUDIT -------------do---------------

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies