Notice under section 139(9)error code 2- itr2- assessment year 2018-19

Ramya (Others) (30 Points)

10 April 2019  

Hi, Need some help from the experienced people in this group.
I had filed the IT Returns for my Dad for the assessment year 2018-19 and 2 days back received defective notice u/s 139(9). The error mentioned is provided below. I had filed ITR2 Returns since there was capital gains involved. Any pointers on what needs to be done? Thanking you in advance

Adding a few more details
For Salaries -Schedule S (Details of Income from Salary) was filled
For Income from House Property - Schedule HP (Details of Income from House property) was filled
For Total Capital Gains - Schedule CG (Capital Gains) was filled
For Income from Other sources (Interest income) - Schedule OS (Income from Other sources) was filled

The above contributed towards Gross Total Income

Tax computation was done as two parts
1.Tax at Normal Rate on Aggregate income
2.Tax at special Rates on Loan term capital gains @ 20%

Under TDS Section:
1. 18 C(1)- Details of tax deducted at Source on Income was filled for the TDS Deducted by Bank. (as per form 16A issued by Deductor)
2. 18 C(2)- Details of tax deducted at Source on Income was filled - as per form 26QB/26QC Furnished issued by Deductor - My dad was the seller and Buyer deducted TDS AT 1% of total sale consideration. Same details were reflected in my dad's 26ASFor m as well.

Now, I am unable to understand the defective notice as to which income on which tax was deducted had to be entered in the schedules.