Notice i tax

Swarup (CPA) (75 Points)

03 January 2014  

Please any one suggest me what is the meaning of this letter? eigther the shown I tax has not received by I Tax dept of there is an filinng discrepancy? AND how to response? AND is there any penalty if they got the reply after 15 days? Please suggest asap.

Sub:  Notice  under  section  1.39(9)  of lncome  Tax  Act,1961-  Your  Return  of Income  for  A.Y  2012-13

The  return  of  lncome  filed  by  you  for  A.Y  2013-14  is  considered  defective  u/s139(9)  of  the  Income
Tax  Act,  1961  as  tax  determined  as  payable  in  the  return  of  lncome  filed  has  not  been  paid.
You  are  herewith  afforded  an  opportunity  to rectify  the  above  mentioned  defects  within  a  period  of
fifteen  days  from  the  receipt  of  this  notice  by  paying  your  taxes  and  filing  your  return  containing
details  of  payment  of  taxes  using  the  link  "e-file  in  response  to notice  u/s  139(9)"  under  the  "e-file"
section  of  the  e-filing  portal  at  https://incometaxindiaefilins.gov.in  as  perthe  prescribed  procedure.