Easy Office
LCI Learning

Not able to register tan

Page no : 2

Sasikeshav (Industrial Trainee) (31 Points)
Replied 25 July 2017

I have Registered in E filing site recently and have filed 24Q, Q4, FY 2016-17 today (25-07-2017) and i want to download FOrm 16. But i'm Unable to Register in Traces as it always tells the Below Mentioned error.

You can NOT register on TRACES at present due to one of the reasons

Ganesh (student) (22 Points)
Replied 20 October 2018

how did you register at last? can you guide me?

Sir Iyerji (Online marketing) (61 Points)
Replied 20 October 2018

last year I went to NSDL centre (MG Road near Paradise circle )(rs 110 ) and applied TAN. They never sent a mail nor sent any physical communication (which PAN application does very methodically with mailing e-Pan + PAN card by Speedpost) .. after 2-3 weeks I checked in the site with my application no & saw my TAN in the web site . Just took a screen shot image and saved it. that is it. I find PAN/ TAN apply/ change is same price at the NSDL centre (as online) and very efficient.

bujjulu (e-TDS + IT return filer Hyderabad)   (718 Points)
Replied 20 October 2018

visit TRACES site. on the left side menu Register............

ashutosh singh (2 Points)
Replied 23 September 2021

Originally posted by : kapil
I have problem for TAN registration

Invalid Details could be because of
i. TAN Not Available in TAN MASTER OR
ii. All the statements filed for Financial Year 2009-10 and onwards are in cancelled state OR
iii. All the statements filed for Financial Year 2009-10 and onwards are NIL Statements (having ALL 

Anit Gopinath (Individual) (2 Points)
Replied 11 September 2022

I just got my TAN issued 2 days back. I am also gettin 'Invalid TAN' error. As per Akanksha I need to file a TDS return for 1 quarter. Kindly guide how to go about the same. I am not able to find  the online process in spite of searching for quite some time. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro